dear best friend,
hi 🙂 happy thanksgiving! I hope it’s going well, even for you, you thanksgiving grinch. I’d love to hear about it. this is a post in two parts, and it might be long, so…sorry, but not that sorry. anyway, here goes:
first, I just wanted to share how my thanksgiving went, so here are some key points:
- my 4-year-old third cousin made me play 30-year-old board games with him and inexplicably referred to me as “Mavis”
- I ate five rolls and a disturbingly large amount of pie and I feel kind of gross but honestly it was really good and I don’t regret it as much as I thought I would
- my infamous cousin literally took selfies, scrolled through instagram, and watched skating videos the ENTIRE time and my grandmother (normally the sweetest ever) came up behind me and whispered “WISH SHE’D LOSE THE PHONE” aggressively in my ear
- my infamous aunt was inexplicably nice to me and laughed at my jokes and talked about harry potter with me???
- my grandmother literally called “ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT!” until everyone looked at her and then proceeded to announce my average to the entire room
- everyone adored my grandpa, as expected
- while I was in the bathroom I overheard my ENTIRE family discussing my college and career plans (which are nonexistent) without me
- my dress has cutouts on the shoulders and my grandpa told me he was going to staple them closed for me
- my peanut butter pie was gone in approximately 10 seconds
I’m going to text you when I’m done with this – I’d love to hear about yours!
part two is…well, I know this isn’t anything I haven’t said before, but it is thanksgiving, and it seems like a good time to say it all again. I just wanted to say how thankful I am for you. I know I say it all the time, but you can’t possibly imagine how much you mean to me. my life is a billion times better with you in it, and you brighten every single day just by being there. I truly believe that your coming into my life was the best thing that’s ever happened to me, and I wouldn’t be disappointed if it’s the best thing that ever does. you’ve brought an unimaginable amount of joy and love and happiness into my life, something that I honestly never believed I would have. you make me feel like I matter, and you make me feel loved in a way that I never did before and I don’t think I’ll ever feel from someone else. you mean the literal world to me and more. it sounds dramatic but every single day, multiple times a day, I think about you and I’m overwhelmed with gratitude and how incredibly lucky I am to have you. I’ve never loved someone like I love you, and I’ve never been so certain about how I feel about someone. everything has always been complicated–I doubt everything and everyone, except…somehow, I’m sure of us. and I love that. I’ve never been so comfortable with someone, I’ve never shared so much of myself with someone, and I’ve never known someone that makes me feel as at ease as you do. I hope you know that you mean everything to me, and I’d do basically anything for you.
I think the most important thing is…I’ve never known someone who just simply makes me happy like you do. I’m so thankful that I found you and for every day I get to have you in my life.
happy thanksgiving. even if you’re a grinch, I’m still thankful for you.
I love you ❤